Sunday, April 27, 2008

A Busy & Successful Week

I have some photos to post, and I guess some news of last week without TV. First off, the kids and I did a whole week without watching TV! Bill watched an hour-ish of a bad Beach Blanket Bingo type movie. Bad Bill! Good Girls!

However, one of the first things Annika asked to do this morning was 1) eat a doughnut for breakfast (Bill's nurtitious breakfast from yesterday) and then 2) sit in front of the TV and watch a show! Oh well, we made it a week and we had lots of fun together!

Our week started out at our "Community Garden" at Mrs. Dettling's house - our former (and much beloved) preschool teacher from Hardy Co-Op. She has 13 acres and wanted to do something with the land, and bring families together. So this is our little experiement with a cooperative garden. I am excieted, Bill seems to be enjoying it, and the girls LOVE seeing Mrs. Dettling.














Above are Kathy and Lauren planting Peas, and Bill preparing the dirt for planting the peas.

We are doing this garden with another family, and they have a 4yr old girl, Avery, and 1yr old boy Isaac. Avery and the girls have lots of fun playing together, as they are all very imaginative and love to be outdoors doing stuff. Although, Lauren is by far the most interested in the actuall work of gardening!

The girls have all made their own Fairy Houses along one side of the fence next to the grapes. I had to laugh as I looked at the three houses they made; think Three Little Pigs!















One is made out of grass, or straw.





















One is made out of sticks.














And one is made out of stones, or bricks.

We have had some wonderously warm weather here last week - it was in the mid to high 70's most of the time! The girls have ridden their bikes a grand total of 300 miles in our small driveway ... or so it seems. One of the earlier warm days they decided it was time to fly kites, since it was windy. They brought out a kite Poppa helped them make for Bill's birthday this past September.




And Bill helped them fly it ... until it broke.



So they decided to fly Annika's airplane kite instead. It was fun to watch.


And more will come, but I should finish some of the cleaning and organizing and purging of stuff in our house. This was a nice break!





No comments: