Thursday, June 19, 2008

Annika's Messy Party - the 5th Birthday!

Friday the 13th was Laruen's last day of school as well as Annika's 5th birthday. Since Annika has been planning a birthday party for the longest time, I finally caved in and agreed to host a birthday party for her. And, true to Annika's personality, I hosted a Messy Party! We had water, (which was quickly muddy water!) mud (oh what fun and mess!) silly string, bubbles, water balloons, a pinata, and finger food.

Mud Shots



Water Splats



Silly String



Water Balloons


Bubbles



Nemo Pinata




And a unicorn cake with Rainbow Fairies.

There were severe thunderstorm warnings for most of the state that afternoon, (The same storm that caused the horrible tornadoes in Iowa and Indiana where the Boy Scouts were killed.) but we were extremely lucky and the storm never come over our heads. We had a short burst of wind and some rain, but it was about 2 minutes worth and then it passed for good.

All in all it was a very fun afternoon and I think the kids enjoyed themselves. The messy part was a little hard for some of them to embrace; adults are always trying to keep kids from making a mess, not tell them to get messy!

I am thinking of trying another one sometime this summer. Maybe tie dye shirts and body paint on a sheet. hhmmmmm, we'll see what develops!

No comments: