Saturday, September 20, 2008The classic tractor world was stunned today by an upset victory in the slow tractor race at the eighth annual Antique Tractor Show. The winner, "Little John," a 1953 John Deere Model 40 upset the favored Ford Jubilee equipped with a Sherman Transmission and a Farmall M-TA with a creeper gear. It took nine heats for the 21 H.P. John Deere's classic "I think I can, I think I can" win to be entered in the record
book.
Little John's victory was backed up by solid third place finishes in the Pedal Tractor Pull by each of the owner's granddaughters, Lauren and Annika. It took three full pulls before enough weight was added to the transfer sled in each of the girls age groups. The two girls each have a nice medal to show off for their efforts. The win was celebrated by a visit to the quilt store and toy store followed with a grilled pork chop dinner at Camp Simme, the girls grandparent's family campground where the celebrants spent the night watching videos.
Too bad I have no photos to share!
No comments:
Post a Comment