Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Thankful Turkey

The girls and I made our family a Thankful Turkey this year.


The idea was for each member of the family to write down something they were thankful for on a feather, then glue it to the turkey. This turkey would then be on display all Thanksgiving for everyone to view and to help remind us that this is the season to be thankful.

However, as I have been thinking on this, being that I see this turkey each and every day (it hangs on a kitchen cupboard door) I begin to think about how we need to express our gratitude and thankfulness all throughout the year. I may create something to change with the seasons, and have in the house all year long; sort of an ongoing thankful or gratitude project. I might make this an official project for my 100 things in 1001 days list.

No comments: