
Lauren's Brownie troop had a fun Mother/Daughter event planned this weekend. We went to Frakenmouth and had lunch (there was not ONE vegetable in the entire meal!!) and then had some fun crafty activities.


While we waited for our meal to end, we listened to a lady playing the accordion stroll around the restaurant. One of the girls (who was also in the choir with Lauren) went up to her and somehow, not sure how, the group started singing songs with her. There was a fun song that all the girls knew from music class, and they ended up teaching that song to the lady and then eventually they all sang it with her playing. It was kinda neat!

After eating, we all went into a small banquet room and learned how to make pretzels. Of course, I already knew and, zip zap zoom, mine was made.

Lauren also knows how to make pretzels, and worked ahead a bit as well. Then she un-did her pretzel and waited for instructions. We heard about the legend of why a pretzel was formed into this shape. Neat too. (I already knew this, too. I taught me Daisy GS this story when we did Germany for Thinking Day.)


Pretzels then went to bake, and we moved on to the next fun activity. Monster cookie making! Look at the large amount of sugary things to top your two sugar filled cookies?!? Mom, while recognizing this was really cute, had some issues with the amount of junk to be ingested. Oh well ... it was fun to make. (And Lauren did not eat even 1/8 of the cookie anyway.)

Couldn't you just eat her up? Too cute in this photo!

It was really a fun afternoon. I was glad that I got to spend a day with Lauren one on one. It has been awhile since we have done that.
No comments:
Post a Comment