
Annika wanted to have a party for her birthday, and I wanted to have something for her GS troop, so together we threw a Messy Art Party. It was lots of fun, and THANKS to Friend Carol for coming out to help us out!

I planned lots of activities, which the girls ran thru as fast as they could, then they went back and just had a ton of messy fun. It was odd, but whatever ... they had fun. We decorated t-shirts to help protect us from flying paint.

Then we had fly-swatter painting, and sock painting or spraying or squirting onto an old sheet I purchased. This was the hit of the party ... after the fact. The girls were a little shy about it at first, and kept asking what was next. Maybe I need to create a little agenda for them next time, hmmmmmmm




We then decorated little star shaped boxes to take home. It is funny, some girls will spend hours doing this type of craft, and some put a spot on the box and are DONE!

We then decorated cupcakes. Each girl had her own cup of frosting and then could choose sprinkles galore to put on it. I was totally expecting to have 300 lbs of frosting on each cupcake, but nope. Each one was lightly frosted, and only Lauren had a ton of sprinkles on hers. again, odd

The last planned project was to decorate a plain white bag for the goodies to go home, and then choose from the stuff to take home. After that the girls just ran rampant for an hour.
Good old fashioned paint wars broke out, and the girls were covered in paint. The sheet was further saturated, and all in all it was a very fun day!
No comments:
Post a Comment