Tuesday, November 20th, 2007, very late in the evening.
Lauren came running down the stairs the other night at about 9:00, squealing like a mouse. Bill and I, frustrated by yet another late night of putting her to bed about three hundred times (OK, only three) were ready to be the mean parents, when we realized she had lost a tooth!
It has been fun watching her develop her loose tooth style. Will she be a wiggler, gingerly wiggling it back and forth; will she be a twister, twisting it for all its worth, impatiently anxious for it to come out; or will she be a patient waiter, not wanting to impart pain or her own agenda upon her mouth. The reality is she falls into all three categories! I think last night she fell into the third, aggressively wiggling it until it came out.
So the tooth fairy had to prepare for the event -- which she almost forgot to do before I fell asleep! But, rest assured, Lauren did not awake when the little fairy snuck in and traded a lower incisor for a Sacajawea. All was calm until morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment