Friday, December 14, 2007

Lauren LOVES to Sew



Lauren had Friday off of school, yet Annika had school. So, Nanna decided to do spend some "special alone" time with Lauren. Lauren chose sewing as her special activity. Seriously, what 6 year old loves to sew so much that she chooses sewing as her special time activity? When Lauren was 4 1/2 years old Nanna found a small sewing machine made for young kids and purchased it as a gift for Lauren. The two of them now sew and quilt together.

She is soooo cute concentrating and doing so much sewing. Literaly, the child knows more than I do! If you watch the video (sorry, it is dark due to the small sewing lamp) Lauren is doing quite a bit of sewing. Nanna was instructing some, to reinforce the concepts that Lauren already knows (and tells me whenever I attempt to sew something) but Lauren was doing the majority of the sewing.

Lauren chose to sew a pillow for the bunk beds Bill made her for her birthday this October. So now Barbara and Abby have pillows when they go to sleep. I am simply amazed at her ability here, because the pillow turned out better than I could have done. Sleep tight Barbara!

No comments: