Monday, March 3, 2008

Dinner Update

I have to laugh at my recent dinner idea. (BTW - pretty proud of myself for figuring out how to put that link into this entry!) Apparently the girls LOVE their days to choose the meal, and somewhat enjoy being involved in fixing those meals. (The love of cooking is quickly wearing down, however, and they only want to help with a small part of the meal making process.)

So last week was just a crazy week for whatever reason. Bill went out of town on business, Nanna spent two nights here, I had a meeting one night and picked up Girl Scout cookies another night, Lauren had Brownies, and then I went out of town for my annual Wild Women Weekend. (entry to follow on katatonickay's blogspot) So I decided, due to lack of ingredients and time and energy to follow thru, that we would not do the girls choice meals this week.

Wrong Idea!

The girls were in tears over this! Huh, who'd a thought! So quick adjustment to my dinner plans one night, and moving Lauren's choice to another night, and lo and behold - the girls had their dinner night this week. I cannot believe how much they enjoy this little foray into cooking and meal planning. Hmmm, can I now give them each one day a week to choose and help with laundry, cleaning, paying bills, etc?

look for more details on dinner night on the side bar. We're going strong with this program.

No comments: