Lauren first found all the letters, then she would ask Annika, "What letter comes first in the alphabet?" Annika would provide the right answer, "A," and Lauren would then proceede to the next letter. "Thats right, Annika. Now what letter comes after the A?" And so on.
It was really facinating to watch. This is a modified version of an activity Annika and I occaisionally work on together, only Annika is not so eager to do the entire alphabet with me. I have been trying to help her master "alphebetical order," so I would have her place the missing letter between two letters - (ie, A _ C, L _ N etc.) The funny thing about Lauren doing this with Annika, is that I do not think I have worked on this activity with Annika in front of Lauren, and I know that I never thought of it when Lauren was 3 or 4 years old. So, why did she suddendly think of doing this with Annika? interesting ....
sing the ABC song together. You can see that Laruen was orchastrating what letter to sing next, as she pointed to each letter as it was being sung. LMNO was rather humorous to watch/listen to being sung; it moves faster than the pointing finger was able to decipher the letters.
No comments:
Post a Comment