Lauren was not feeling well, and she was tired, so I said we could snuggle up on the couch and I would read to her. She brought me a book she was reading, Scarlet the Garnet Fairy. This is a new series of books Lauren is devouring, litterly reading one book a night! They are short, easy chapter books, and I quickly finished reading her book, and started reading some picture books to both kids.
I started reading a long version of the Little Mermaid, but Lauren fell asleep. So I finished making dinner while Annika and Bill played in the snow and made an Easter snowman. When they were done we all had a very yummy prime rib dinner, while poor Lauren slept on the couch.
When she awoke she felt much better. But the girls wanted to hear yet another story, so I started reading the book Fairy Houses. This book is the story of a young girl vacationing in Maine who discovers little houses made for fairies to live in. She makes one of her own, and discovers the secrets of the woods in the process. The girls loved the idea of making fairy houses, and once we finished reading the book they all got dressed and went out to create fairy houses of their own in our back yard. Bill found some old tree bark from one of our dying ash trees, and helped them create some wonderful fairy houses.
No comments:
Post a Comment