Monday, February 23, 2009

Still More Snow and Sledding

The girls could not get enough sledding in this year. Actually, there was a little too much snow at our house to go sledding; the sled would sink in the snow, and our little slope did not give enough momentum to propel them through the deep snow. That, and the fact that the temps during most of January were never above 15 degrees - without wind chill!

So on Monday, after a warm spell that melted the snow followed by another decent snow fall on Saturday and Sunday, the girls and Isaac went out to play in the snow. OK, I took 115 photos, so I'll have to limit what I share, but surfice it to say that they had a really good time! They only came in because I had to bring Isaac inside so I could make dinner. No one wanted to come inside. This 20 degree weather was heavenly warm for them!

The dog, too, has been enjoying the warmer weather. He has lots of fun chasing the girls as they zoomed down the hill in our back yard. He also had lots of fun barking and barking, so he did not get to stay outside very long.


At one point Annika laid down in the sled - does anyone see visions of future luge running in her future? The sled went really far, and only stopped when it got to the raised garden bed.


Annika insisted on wearing her "fireman" snowsuit. I bought this neon-bright snowsuit when we first moved to MI - 4 years ago! It was on sale for a rocking $1 or something obscenely cheap like that. Being "homeless" and jobless I could not pass up the deal. It is ugly as sin, but she loves it! She has worn it every winter since she was 17 months old! However, at age 5 1/2yrs, it is too small for her now. This has to be the last year she wears it. (gee, darn)



Lauren was playing Pioneer, and wrapped a scarf around her head for a hat. She looked like an old lady to me; I swear she is a reincarnated old soul! But I do love this shot of her I managed to snap. She is growing up so quickly. She no longer looks like a little kid, she is a mature looking kid now.

We do not have many more of these fun snow filled days left. While I am looking forward to spring, I always feel sad to loose the winter snow.

No comments: