Sunday, February 8, 2009

Valentine Fairy Houses

Each year the girl's school has the kids decorate shoe boxes for their Valentine's Day card (and candy, grumph) receptacles. This year the girls wanted to make fairy houses. So they set about to paint them pink, red, and purple - with shimmer and glitter added to make it special - and then added some fairies and fairy related stuff to the sides.


Annika even hid a fairy inside her house. Too cute.
Unfortunately I did not take photos of the finished projects, because it really took about three days to do this project. Bill was out of town for most of the work and that ment I was a little pressed for time to do other daily things, but they came out cute and we had fun making them.

I love the fact that they had yet another opportunity to do something creative for this holiday. We usually make our own cards rather than purchase the little mass-merchandised themed cards. The kids enjoy making their own cards, and of course, I like the fact that they put their heart (is that a pun?) into the project.

No comments: