
Well, somehow Bill and I became parents of a 7 & 6-year-old girl; how did that happen? Time does fly! We had Nanna & Poppa, and David, Carol, Stephen (good to see him again, when he is away at college we rarely see him!) Lizzy, and Erin over for an afternoon lunch party.

The weather was cool-ish and overcast to light rain, so no sprinklers and slip-n-slide like Annika wanted. But it was nice enough that we could grill out and enjoy every one's company. I have not seen David and his family since Christmas! We have all been that busy. Wow!
We feasted on hamburgers and chicken-apple-Gouda sausages, guacamole, watermelon, cherries, (all of which were Annika's choices - she did good choosing the meal I'd say.) and this fabulous salad Carol made ... tomatoes, garbanzo beans, onions, and garlic in an olive oil & red wine vinaigrette. Really Good! I was so full after that I had no desire for cake!

So we opened presents first. This goes against tradition, but today it just seemed right! I love watching the three youngest cousins get together. They have such a good time; I hope they maintain that bond as they get older and become their unique individual young adults.

Poppa cracked me up too. He found the marble run set and spent a good half hour playing with it in the toy room. Where's Poppa? Oh, playing with the toys. I do call this toy the "Dad Toy" because so many men are drawn to it.
Cake and ice cream with family followed presents. Here are the three amigos being silly - it is one of the things they do the best! tee hee. All in all I think it was a very good birthday celebration!
Happy 6th Birthday Annika!
No comments:
Post a Comment