Thursday, October 23, 2008

Girl Scouts Boo Bash

So, I am the Troop Leader for Annika's Daisy troop. Not really something I jumped into, but when faced with me leading the troop or Annika not having a troop, well .... I succumbed.
The 9 Kindergartners I am in charge of this year!

My goal is to make it nature and green oriented! Which, actually, is fairly easy to do with this new journey program they have. They encourage planting some sort of community garden (probably more ornamental, but hey, it is a start, and COMMUNITY!) and they even suggest composting, and WORM composting ideas!! I'm in folks!
OK, so on to the post at hand here - all the GS troops at their school worked together to throw a Halloween themed party for them. It was fun, with crafts, food, costumes, and trunk-or-treating from some very creative parent's wonderfully decorated trunks!
The girls had a ton of fun. This was just one of 6 costume wearing events this season!!

No comments: