Sunday, October 19, 2008

Neighborhood Halloween Party


Our homeowner's association had our 2nd annual Halloween Parade and Party on Sun. This was the first time the girls had a chance to wear their costumes this year, and they were very excited. I have been working on Lauren's for a month now, but I just started Annika's last night. She is a ghost, and lets face it, there is not too much work going into a ghost costume! Now, a pioneer/Laura Ingalls costume ... that is involved!

They looked so cute heading out together to enjoy the fun and festivities. Each girl had their doll with them, but only Lauren had a costume for her doll. I did not think Annika would want one for Abby, but I was wrong!!

The girls had fun playing some games with their friends and neighbors, and a small parade down one street helped make them all feel kind of important. Something about tacking the word "parade" into an event and the kids are all over it!!



The people arranging the party hired a clown to tell stories, play games, and do face painting. I am telling you, she was the best face painter I have ever seen! And these elaborate paintings were not time consuming either! Unfortunately we had to wash faces that night for school the next day, but we did go out for dinner that night and show off their beautiful, fun, face paintings.

It was a fun weekend!

No comments: