My first born turned 7!
Who'd a thunk 7 years ago that I would be immersed in sewing, fairies, and Laura Ingalls!
Well, we had a wonderful birthday here. Lauren asked for a unicorn cake (think back to Annika's birthday and you'll remember this cake!) that was pink with green hair and orange eyes, like FlowerBell, the stuffed unicorn I knit her last winter. So I complied! It is a beet-chocolate cake too. Quite good, you'd never know there are beets in the cake. Although, I do not really like that much frosting on this particular cake.
She also received TONS of books! Some pioneer times stories, some fairy books ... that Annika has been eying with much jealousy, I might add. Grandma, those books are a HIT with both girls! You cannot see the joy in their eyes, but notice that Annika is intently looking at them....
We also purchased Lauren a Little House Cookbook. Yea, masochists we are! She has been purusing it looking for ideas to request for her next meal. Lauren also recieved some sewing supplies. She was so happy to get those items too.
Really, she did just turn 7, and not 17!!
Happy Birthday my little girl!
3 comments:
I would love to see the recipe for the beet cake! That sounds awesome! You did an incredible job on the cake!
Happy Birthday Lauren!!!!!!!!
Ahh, and her birthday means that it has been 7yrs since MT closed down too! I should share the photo of me holding just born Lauren on the phone w/HR discussing my severance package!!
Post a Comment