It was time, once again, for the Annual Small Town Memorial Day Parade. Or, as Bill likes to call it, Maybery Day Parade. I have to admit that the downtown area does look quite small town, Maybery-esque. I even took some photos to prove it. And when you have a parade like this one, it only reinforces the small town aspect of the parade.
Anyway - the Girl Scouts always march in the parade, and this year Poppa wanted to have another float; any excuse to bring out his tractors! (I have to admit, that I as much as I absolutely love these silly parades, I am starting to feel guilty about the green effect, but that is another blog entry.) So Poppa put together yet another awesome float, and Lauren and Annika's troops rode in the parade, in the "troop barracks" of the "tanks a lot" float!
Annika and her friend Sam sat in this spot from 10am until the end of the parade! Who'd a thunk!
Poppa fit, just barely, into the tank!
And, just to show you how small town it really is, here are a few images I shot as we went thru downtown. And really, this is the downtown of our small town.
But, we had tons of fun! Regardless of how large or small the town happens to be.
No comments:
Post a Comment