Monday, May 18, 2009

Shapes in Nature

Lauren missed a Brownie day due to Dress Rehearsal during her play. I asked her leader if we could make up the work, since her troop earned a Try-It patch. Low and behold, one of the projects for her Shapes and Numbers patch was a Nature Walk. She was supposed to find shapes in nature.



Whoo Hoo! Project journals here we come!


At first they were a bit resistant. We used to do shape and color walks all the time when the girls were 2-4 years old, so they have "been there done that." But, Lauren really wanted to earn her patch, so she agreed to go outside, and Annika just followed along not wanting to be left out.



Then after the first observation, I could not get them to stop. They kept on going, long after I was ready to call it quits. Lauren and Annika were both amazed at how many shapes and observations they could find in our own back yard. We have not looked at our yard with the project journals since spring has sprung. It was a grand success!

No comments: