Thursday, July 30th: Tea with Grandma
Friday, July 31st: Greenfield Village
I did not get any good pictures of our day at Greenfield Village. It was too dark inside the buildings, and anything we did outside I plumb forgot to take photos of! We did have fun exploring the village and seeing new places we have not yet explored ... like the farm and more of the slavery quarters. I did set Lauren on a map-reading mission. She was to get us from the farm to the restaurant where we were going to eat lunch. It was harder than normal, because the map was "upside down" compared to the direction we were walking. She got it though; map skills are really being used this summer.
Saturday, August 1st: Antique Tractor Show & Peddle Pull
Poppa's Antique Tractor Club puts on a show and little competition for the tractors each year. It is fun (for me at least!) to watch because they have silly competitions like the Slow Race - where you see who can go the slowest without stalling, and the barrel race, where they try to push a barrel w/water in a straight line, using only the tractor wheels.
I enjoy watching it, the girls got a free John Deere hat, and Lauren even won a 2nd place medal. Annika came in 4th - no medal, and boy was she mad!
Grandma left on Sunday. But we had a great time while she was here, and the girls are already counting down the days until she comes again!
No comments:
Post a Comment