Thursday, May 15, 2008

The Trumpet of the Swan

Lauren came home from school yesterday and promptly went upstairs to her room. She was gone, and completely quiet, for about an hour. Knowing that she had to read a book and write something about it for her homework, (the 1st grade equivalent of a book report) I went upstairs to see what she was doing and round her up for homework duty.

She was sitting in her room reading, but not the book for her homework. Apparently that was too easy for her! She was reading a book I checked out of the library intending for it to be a read-aloud book. I really never thought The Trumpet of the Swan would be read by a 6-and-half year old! (Amazon lists it as for ages 9-12) Apparently she really is enjoying this book, because she has been reading it on her own every night lately. Who'd a thunk!

No comments: