Friday, July 10, 2009

Creative Day

It was a creative day today. First off, I made two dresses for the girls out of two of Bill's old t-shirts. I am still waiting to take a picture, but I had fun making them! And the girls like them, so I'd call it a success regardless what they look like!

While I was sewing away, the girls asked if they could take the fabric markers and draw on some plain white handkerchiefs we have. Sure! So they went upstairs and drew away. They are really cute, but again, I have no photos ... I was busy sewing away in the basement!

Then, when we were finished, (after yet another swim in the pool) we made clay beads! I have to say, for a $5 investment this was far beyond a score! The three of us spent 3 hours creating wonderful fun beads and pendants and whatever floated our boat. And the girls did awesome, far beyond what I expected of their abilities.


Annika floored me with her ability to quickly and awesomely (is that a word?) create things. She would ask us what we would like her to make for us and she would whip it up in no time flat. She did not have to think about it, she just grabs some clay and ta-da!


This is a photo of Annika's things she made for us. Among them are a daisy, a fairy, the earth, an acorn, a bee, a puppy, a Hyacinth macaw (parrot) a frog with a LONG tongue attached to a fly, and a tiger.



Lauren took the approach of etching into a large disc. I found it interesting to watch them both use their unique talents in their approach to "bead making." Lauren used detail galore, lots of small, intricate, details.

I made tiny beads. Funny, but I don't remember this picture being taken; the kids somehow took the camera without me knowing it. But it is nice to see a photo of MY work for a change!

Anyway, 3 hours of fun produced quite a lot of fun and beads. Gifts for family members too.

No comments: