Monday, July 13, 2009

Raspberries!

The weather has been so beautiful (pronounced Beee-U-tee-ful!) this summer ... not too hot, not humid, sunny ... my only complaint it that it is actually too cold for the beach / swimming. But I am loving it! Anyway, I decided to take advantage of this wonderful weather and go berry picking with the girls.

Unfortunately, the weather has not been ideal berry growing weather, and the pickins were slim! But we did manage to have a good time and in a little more than an hour the three of us picked three quarts of raspberries.


And I managed to make up about 9 jelly-jars of raspberry jelly. The three of us really enjoyed picking the fruit, and then making the jelly.


And the best part for the girls (besides eating the jelly) was going to the play area at the u-pick place. Here, Lauren told me, "Look, I'm driving the 60!" Poppa would love that comment; it sure made me smile!


The playground had a few new items added this year, including this huge slide they made. The girls loved to race each other down the slides. bumpidy bumpidy bump


And then while we were there, we actually saw a delivery of shelled corn put into a small area for the kids to play in. The girls were the first to be able to play in a huge pile of shelled-corn. Lauren piled it into her shirt and was broadcast seeding with it - the literal interpertion of what to do with this corn, while Annika bent over and pretended she was a chicken eating a huge pile of feed! I loved each unique interperation of how to play in a pile of corn!

Finally, corn angles. This one made me laugh!! It was a fun afternoon for all of us! And we are enjoying the raspberry jam still!!

No comments: