
We went to a new (to us) park on Sunday. There was quite a lot to do and explore. We all had a lot of fun, even if the weather was not as warm as we would have liked it to be. (I'm really enjoying the weather this summer - so far - but for swimming and other water activities it is just a bit too chilly. But I'm totally OK with that!!)

The playground area had these really cool spinning cups. I don't know what else to call them, but they were a hit with our girls (and Bill!) You sit in in them and, because they are tilted, you automatically spin around. And apparently quite fast too. Obviously I just watched and laughed, cause sitting in one of those would have caused copious spewing!

There was, according to Bill, a Midevil Meditation Maize. We all walked that - but again, I got a bit dizzy. And really, I want to know how your supposed to meditate while you are paying attention to where your feet must be placed in the maize. ...not buying it!

We then made our way to a real maize; this one was fun. There was a bridge above it so you could look down and, in theory, guide people through the maize. I found it a bit difficult to try to give directions. This struck me as a good place to help the kids (and adults!) learn directions, Right & Left, and then how to verbalize spatial relations and directions. Yes, that is me, always seeing some learning potential in things.
Finally, we made it to the spray park, which was our original destination. And look, more spinning things! We had fun here for a short while, but the water was frigid, and we were cold and hungry. So we wrapped up in our towels to dry some and warm up, and then we had a quick picnic lunch before heading off to the next area of the park.
Rock climbing just may be Annika's thing! That girls could scale the wall lickey-split. Then jump down and do it all over again!
Lauren, not so much. She was nervous about the height and her ability to climb. Although, she is more than capable of doing it just as well as her sister.
And then there is Bill! Need I say more?

After the playing and climbing and such, we took a walk thru the Environmental Education Exhibit building. Outside we saw some HUGE tadpoles. The body of this was the size of a plum!

And I'm sure it would soon grow up to be the size of this female Green Frog. And, yes, I do know it is a female ... as the girls correctly remembered, the patch behind the eyes tells you its sex; females have smaller ones, males have larger ones ... really large.
All in all it was quite a fun day and we all agreed that we had to come back one day.
No comments:
Post a Comment