Sunday, September 13, 2009

How's Our Garden Growin'?

The following images were taken Sept. 9th:


How's Our Garden Growing? Not very well, I'm afraid! Our bean-pole tepee is finally starting to fill in, although it has a ways to go still. It is making beans, so we do have at least one vegetable to eat. OK, our tomatoes are doing so-so; we have a decent number of grape tomatoes to eat and a few Roma. Our lettuce is doing good still, lots of fresh salads this summer, with fresh basil and chives thrown in for good measure too. Our beets and chard keep being munched by the million rabbits in our neighborhood this summer.

Its is frustrating, I tell ya! But we are beginning to enjoy the tepee!


The Next Images were taken ONE week later!

What a difference a week makes, I tell ya! Just look at how much it filled in.

And guess who LOVES our bean teepe? It not only provides shade and a "den" but it also provides snacks for him! He stand out there and eats the beens right off the vines!!

No comments: