Saturday, September 19, 2009

Heritage Days

I had this bright idea this summer to have the GS have a booth at our local Heritage Days celebration. What in the WORLD was I thinking??

Anyway, I quickly sewed together another pioneer outfit for Annika to wear, and helped our school's GS organizer (who is the mother of Lauren's best friend) put together a display of Juliette Low, and various other old fashioned stuff.

The booth looked awesome, the girls that came down looked so cute in their old fashioned outfits, and the public responded well to the whole shebang.

My two loved the old fashioned games to play, crafts to make (we made yarn dolls - Lauren made the entire Ingalls family!) and a good time was had by all.

By luck, the booth next door to us had a display on One Room School Houses, run by real teachers even. The girls LOVED the display, and hung out there quite a bit. The teachers loved seeing the girls interact, add some ambiance to the booth, and learn some even.

It was a fun day!

No comments: