Wednesday, August 13, 2008

And Then There Were FIVE

Yesterday, after returning from the garden, I looked in at our chrysalises, more out of habit than anything else, and did a double take. At first I thought there were all there, but those little tall thin things on the bottom were butterflies! Two of them had emerged!

This morning I looked and we still had only 2 butterflies. However, remembering that the other three caterpillars were just one day behind the other two, I kept reassuring the girls that sometime today or possibly tomorrow the other three would emerge. Fast forward 20-45 minuets latter, and two more had emerged.

Desperately wanting to see the last one emerge, I kept it in the kitchen with me and kept looking and looking and looking. Nothing. Until I went outside to water the strawberries. I came inside and looked, and there was the fifth butterfly. We now have 5 beautiful painted ladies!

Bill wants to know if the Painted Ladies do lap dances!

No comments: