Friday, August 8, 2008

How DOES she sleep?

The other night, around midnight, I started up the stairs to go to bed. It was dark (duh!) but I did notice something at the foot of the stairs. That is Mulligan's usual spot to hang out when the girls are going to bed, but I had just let him out for his usual last barking run. (aka - potty) I knew it wasn't him.

I then figured it was a toy, carelessly left at the top of the stairs by one of the girls. Grumbling a bit to myself about the endless times I tell them not to leave toys on or around the stairs, I headed up to see exactly what stuffed animal was guarding the top of the stairs for us.


When I got to the first landing I made out the outline of something, and quickly called Bill to come see.



There was Annika, hanging off edge of the step. Sound asleep. Apparently she woke up, but didn't quite make it down stairs. We carefully picked her up and plopped her back in her bed. All the while being very careful not to wake her up with our raucous laughter!

1 comment:

The Doodle Family (As Authored by Kimberley) said...

Doesn't it just blow you away at the positions they can get themselves into and sleep? Conditions have to be perfect for me to sleep, but when Kenna is really tired it doesn't matter where she is she can sleep. :-)