Bill had to work Sunday and Monday of this Labor Day Weekend, so we made sure we had some fun on Saturday. We took our canoe over to a nearby State Park and went swimming, fishing, and canoeing.
Bill dropped us off at the beach (the girls wanted to swim some first) and then he went out and fished for awhile. It is rather interesting paddling that canoe all by yourself! He forgot bait, but had some success with his lures; he caught 2 bass!
Meanwhile, the three of us girls had a good time at the beach, swimming some and playing in the sand. Of course the girls made fairy houses in the sand. They do not make sand castles anymore, which I find humorous. Same thing, different name.
After we ate our lunch Bill returned and the whole family went out in the canoe and paddled around some, then we fished. The fist were not biting Bill's Power Bait (I do not think fish ever bit that nasty stuff!) so they got bored after a half hour or so. We paddled back to the beach and I had a chance to paddle and fish by myself. I managed to catch a medium sized sunfish .... but you should have seen the one that got away!
No comments:
Post a Comment