The boat had been stored for awhile, so we had to clean it out some. The girls, of course, were helping and playing along, using imaginary paddles to move about.
Then, up on the car it went, and the process of tying it down began. I think that took an hour alone, but we don't want it to blow off the car while we are zooming down the road!! Mulligan was absolutely fascinated by this new activity centered around the car, and at one point even used the back tires to "climb up" the car to attempt to get a closer view of the canoe.
I wanted to get some photos of us in the water, but, well, I was afraid we'd eventually tip over (we did not!) and my poor camera would get ruined. Turns out I cold have taken it with us; only Bill's Cliff Bar went overboard. We paddled around, beached the canoe and swam for awhile, paddled some more, ate lunch on the canoe (lost said snack bar) paddled some more, and then called it a day. It was much fun for all of us, and I think we plan on a small camping trip with the canoe in the next week or so.
No comments:
Post a Comment