Monday, January 19, 2009

Poppa's Toboggan

My dad is the ultimate re-user. He had an old wooden ladder that he made into a toboggan. He added a little "box" area in the front, and tows it behind the tractor. It is fun; I speak from experience!

I went to pick up Lauren from a day of sewing at Nanna's house, and Poppa fired up the tractor and took all three of us for a ride. Unfortunately I do not have snow pants, and as you can see from the above picture, the snow was kind of deep! (It just won't stop snowing here!) So I ended up hopping off once my poor legs froze solid.

But the girls had a ton of fun! That smile is priceless! I do love winter and snow fun, even if I am getting rather tired of it.


I did manage to snap a quick photo of the sunset across the field. I missed the huge red ball earlier, but this is still pretty.

And just under an old apple tree there were some wallow spots from where a bunch of deer had spent the night. It was pretty cool to see the round spots where they layed down.



And just because it makes me smile and fill my heart with peace, here is the swamp behind the house where I grew up. I love the dried up reeds all bent and covered in snow, in front of the winter trees. This is my kind of setting.






1 comment:

The Doodle Family (As Authored by Kimberley) said...

I remember you taking me snomobiling at your folks house! My first snowmobile experience! :-) I really do miss having seasons!