Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Real Quick Christmas Stuff

OK, so it is half way thru Jan. and I still have not finished posting from Christmas Break. sigh
Here is the 100 word catch-up and a few photos for ya all to see: Christmas morning we opened our obscene quantity of presents. Santa was too generous yet again. Each year I try to suggest we spend less, and Bill always says he feels we did not get enough for everyone. I disagree! But, this year it was an unplanned Handmade Christmas. Bill made the girls each a covered wagon for Barbara and Abby, I made Lauren a rag doll and crocheted a shall, Carol made the girls aprons, Nanna made me some dish towels and a quilt table runner, Poppa made Lauren pioneer toy kits - so she can make her own pioneer projects.
Annika made us all "gifts" in her free time at school - this was one of my favorite items under the tree.

OK, so Lauren's favorite gift was the rag doll I made for her. I found out she wanted on about 2 weeks before Christmas, so it was a RUSH job! All I did was make the doll's body - no hair, no face, no clothes ... and the shape of the doll is questionable. But Lauren is happy.

Annika's favorite gift was a little Roudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer toy. I found it on a fluke trip to CVS. It cost $5. Easy to please!

My family (Nanna & Poppa, Aunt Jan, Great Grandpa Kenny & Great Lois, David & Carol & Stephen & Lizzy & Erin) came over and we all had appetizers and then opened gifts. David's family had to leave early to go to Carol's family for Christmas. So after gifts were opened they left, and the rest of us had dinner. It was nice to have a little more time to spend with everyone ... except my brother's family. boo on that one!
The day after Christmas Grandma Carole (Bill's mom) came out here for a week. I'd like to say I took a million photos, but for some reason I did not. The camera was in the little basket where I keep it and I do not think it ever came out! But we had a good time; we bought fish for our new fish tank, we decorated ornaments, we went bowling, we saw a movie, we went to a new hands on museum, Bill and I went out to dinner and a movie while Grandma and the Girls had a night together, and right before we left to take Grandma to the airport we made little berry tarts and took them to Bill at work. The girls were fighting some intestinal bug, so we had to take it easy, but we all enjoyed the visit even if we did not do a ton of different activities.

No comments: