Monday, April 6, 2009

Sun & Monday with Grandma

Sunday we all went into Lansing for the day. We went to Pruess' Pets to look around at all the wonderful and strange animals they have, then walked around Old Town Lansing for awhile before having dinner. Then, we finally had the Main Event: We saw Lion King Live!

No pictures of Lion King Live, but it was a very good show. The costuming is fantastic. I am amazed at how they took the stereotypical characteristic of each animal and emphasised it for the costume. Very cool!

Annika, the Lion King Junkie, sat in her seat and danced, sang, and hung on to each and every part of the play. She truly enjoyed the play. Lauren was quietly enjoying it. And Bill was critiquing the set design, being somewhat experienced with set design and building nowadays! hehe.
It started to snow when we got home, and by the time I went to bed around 1am the back deck looked like this:


It was April 5th, and a light snow is not a huge surprise. I completely expected it to stick around for the night, and due to the warmth of the now un-frozen ground, melt off during the day.


When I woke up in the morning I noticed there was about 6-8 inches of snow on the ground. Much more than I ever anticipated getting. And this snow was not about to melt away in one day! Nope, this snow lasted a few days! Into Wednesday to be exact, when it rained and melted all the snow.




But, Annika had fun making a snow man. It was so very cold this entire winter that the girls were not able to make snowmen; the snow was simply too cold to pack. Now that it was April they could finally make their snowmen!


1 comment:

WESLEY said...

SNOW?!?! I'm jealous. It's over 100here right now!